The PATH to Care Center believes in all kinds of healing and recognizes that healing can take a variety of forms for every individual. We believe in the value of a process that releases trauma and we support folks re-connecting to community, cultural, and intergenerational practices of healing. Our healing services offer an opportunity to reconnect to the self and explore what self-care and healing mean to each survivor.
Support groups provide a space for survivors to practice, build, and share healing strategies & modalities with the support of and in community with others.
Fall 2023 Offerings
Healing in Community for Undergraduate Students (In-person)
- Who: UC Berkeley undergraduate students of all genders and identities
- When: Wednesdays 2-3:30PM, October 4th-November 8th
- How to register: Fall 2023 Healing in Community (Undergraduates) Registration Form
Healing in Community for Graduate Students (Remote)
- Who: UC Berkeley, UCSF and UCLSF graduate professional & post-doc students of all genders and identities.
- When: Thursdays 5:30-7PM, October 5th – November 9th
- How to register: Fall 2023 Healing in Community (Graduates) Registration Form
Somatic healing sessions help reset survivors’ nervous systems and develop skills needed to support in releasing trauma that is stored in the body. The goal of each session is to have time back to oneself in a guided facilitation where you feel present (not dissociative) and to restore the mind-body connection.
Fall 2023 Offering: Remote Monthly Somatic Healing with Confidential Advocate Riss
- Who: UC Berkeley graduate and undergraduate students of all genders and identities
- When: Tuesdays – September 12th 4-5PM, October 10th 4-5PM, November 7th 4-5PM, December 5th 4-5PM
- How to register: Fall 2023 Somatic Healing Registration Form
Sound healing sessions offer a way to engage in direct energy work to release trauma from the body. The sounds from the alchemy quartz crystal singing bowls can be impactful physically on the mind/body and allow the brain to enter a peaceful theta (or pre-sleep) state, helping the mind to settle, the parasympathetic nervous system to engage, and the body to access the benefits of deep rest. Using guided breath work and nature imagery along with the sounds of the singing bowls, sound healing offers a practice of deep relaxation.
Fall 2023 Offering: Remote 1:1 Sound Healing with Joy
- Who: UC Berkeley students, staff, faculty, affiliates, and community members of all genders and identities
- When: Fridays – September 15th, September 22nd September 29th, October 6th, November 17th, December 1st, December 8th
- How to register: Fall 2023 Sound Healing with Joy Registration Form
Art Modality Healing
There are many ways to cope and move in the direction of healing post a traumatic experience. Sometimes there are things we can put on paper with our hands that we can not speak yet. Art modality healing is a creative and alternative way to process and cope with traumatic experiences. It is a tool you can incorporate in your own healing journey.
Fall 2023 Offering: Art Modality Healing with Confidential Advocate Nicola Smith
- Please check back soon for more information about art modality healing this Fall.
Yoga as Healing
This program offers participants a space to decolonize and reclaim healing practices in community, as well as reconnect to the self through mind, body, and spirit. Yoga can provide survivors of sexual violence a means of becoming reacquainted with their bodies, help them become grounded in the present moment, and allow them to explore the benefits of mindfulness as they flow breath to movement in guided practice and meditation.
The PATH To Care Center is home to a beautiful healing garden filled with plants and herbs. This garden is only accessible to clients and those utilizing the services of the PATH to Care Center.
The PATH To Care Center has open office hours available for clients to use the community room/library, private quiet spaces, and self-care supplies/tools.
If your academic department, unit, or student organization has been impacted by SVSH, you can consult with us about a healing plan for your group. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Healing Consult.”
Workshops by Request
The survivor support team offers the following workshops by request:
- Healing Circles facilitated for intact communities that have been impacted by SVSH.
- Vicarious Trauma Release workshops focus on how to take care of yourself and interrupt the impacts of working directly and daily with trauma in your work or student organization.
Requesting Workshops for Your Community
If you would like to request one of the healing workshops for your community, please email email@example.com with the subject “Healing Workshop Request.”